Signs Your Commercial Refrigerator Needs Repairs
We at Howard Services Air Conditioning realize that as a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. From running your business to taking care of your staff and customers, you barely have time to catch your own breath. That’s why our team is here to warn you of signs to look out for when it comes to your commercial refrigerator. If you notice any of the following warning signs, contact our team right away to schedule repairs before the problems worsen.
- Ice On The Exterior Of The Unit – If you walk by your commercial refrigerator and notice ice or frost on the exterior of the unit, you will want to call our team right away. This sign could indicate that the temperature inside the unit is not correct, or your unit could be overloaded and not using sufficient airflow.
- Temperature Issues – It’s important to ensure your refrigerator has the correct amount of refrigerant to ensure it’s functioning properly. Without the right amount of refrigerant, your unit could have a hard time keeping itself at the right temperature. While this is an easy fix, you should call a professional to take a look at the levels, seeing as it involves chemicals that could pose danger if handled incorrectly.
- Lights But No Power – If you open the door to your commercial refrigerator and the light comes on, but you notice there’s no cool air circulating, that’s a major red flag. You can test the mechanical functions by unplugging the unit and then plugging it back in to see if it kicks back on. If it doesn’t, give us a call. This could mean that something is wrong internally and needs to be serviced.
- Unexplained Increases In Utility Bill – Have you noticed your utility bill is more expensive than previous months? It could be due to your refrigerator working harder than it needs to be, which results in the unit using more energy to operate. Let our factory-trained refrigeration technicians take a look and help your unit operate more efficiently.
- Refrigerant Leaks – Another obvious sign to keep an eye out for is if your refrigerator starts to leak refrigerant. If not addressed in a timely manner, all of the refrigerant could leak out of the unit, causing your refrigerator to stop working altogether. At the first sign of a leak, contact our team immediately to catch it before the issue gets worse.
- Old Age – If your commercial refrigerator is 10 to 15 years or older, the chances of it experiencing more issues typically increases. As your refrigerator starts to approach this age, contact our team to talk through replacements so you aren’t stuck with an old refrigerator that stops working out of the blue.
If you’ve noticed any of the warning signs listed above, be proactive, and give us at Howard Services Air Conditioning a call today! We provide free consultations and are able to handle any issues you may be experiencing, no matter how simple or complex they may be.