No matter what kind of industry you work in, as a business owner, you have a lot on your plate. From tending to customers to serving needs of your staff, you barely have the time to catch your own breath most days. The last thing you want is to worry about whether or not your equipment is running as it should — after all, you have a business to run!
Don’t lose your cool just yet, though. Here at Howard Services Air Conditioning, our Jacksonville team is here to help — read on to learn about the top warning signs of poor performance in commercial refrigeration and freezer units. You can view the same information below in this infographic, too!
If you notice any of the following red flags, contact our professional contractors right away to schedule repairs before the problems — and the expenses — worsen.
- Ice On The Exterior Of The Unit – If you walk by your commercial refrigerator and notice ice or frost on the exterior of the unit, you will want to call our team right away. This sign could indicate that the temperature inside the unit is not correct, or your unit could be overloaded and not using sufficient airflow.
- Low Refrigerant Levels – It’s important that your commercial refrigerator has the correct amount of refrigerant. This not only ensures that it’s functioning properly, but that it’s maintaining the right temperature the majority of the time. Without the right amount of refrigerant, your unit could have a hard time regulating thermal conditions. While this is an easy fix, you should always call a professional to take a look at the levels. Whether it’s a commercial fridge or a reach-in freezer, all types of refrigerants contain harmful chemicals that could pose immense danger if handled incorrectly.
- Lights Are On, But Power Is Off – If you open the door to your commercial refrigerator and the light comes on, but you notice there’s no cool air circulating, that’s a major red flag. You can test the mechanical functions by unplugging the unit and then plugging it back in to see if it kicks back on. If it doesn’t, give us a call. This usually just means that something is wrong internally and needs to be professionally serviced.
- Unexplained Increases In Utility Bill – Have you noticed your utility bill is more expensive than previous months? It could be due to your refrigerator working harder than it needs to be, which results in the unit using more energy to operate. Let our factory-trained refrigeration technicians take a look and help your unit operate more efficiently.
- Refrigerant Leaks – Another obvious sign to keep an eye out for is if your refrigerator starts to leak refrigerant. If not addressed in a timely manner, all of the refrigerant could leak out of the unit, causing your refrigerator to stop working altogether. At the first sign of a leak, contact our team immediately to catch it before the issue gets worse.
- Old Age or Outdated Components – If your commercial refrigerator is 10 to 15 years or older, the chances of it experiencing more issues and breakdowns increases significantly. As your refrigerator starts to approach one decade of operation, contact our team to talk through potential part upgrades or unit replacements. After all, no one wants to deal with the sudden stress of an old refrigerator that stops working out of the blue.
If you’ve noticed any of the warning signs listed above and have already checked the standard reasons things aren’t working, be proactive, and give Howard Services Air Conditioning a call today! We provide free consultations and are able to handle any issues you may be experiencing, no matter how simple or complex they may be. Many commercial refrigeration issues are pretty common, but we can handle any refrigeration issue, no matter how complicated it is.